This week, Sophie was under the spotlight, answering all the questions we know you’d love the answers too. Sophie plays a massive role in our operations team, and we wouldn’t want to be without her. Check out what Sophie does in her spare time and the best advice she has been given in life.
1. Can you give us a two-sentence bio about yourself?
I’m Sophie, I’m not the most exciting person, but I enjoy the simple things in life and I am always up to learning new things. Before lockdown, I enjoyed spending every Friday at the pub, but since then have started a healthier lifestyle… but will still enjoy my Fridays.
2. What do you do at Ampower on a daily basis?
I work within the operations team, and on a daily basis, I help with enquiries on the phone and collect feedback.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy working with my team and developing my knowledge daily.
4. What advice were you given in your career that has stuck with you?
“Never give up”, it’s short and simple but holds a lot of meaning and motivation.
5. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As a kid, I always wanted to be a makeup artist and have kept those skills throughout my life as a hobby.
6. How do you relax when you’re not at work?
When I am not at work, I find myself in front of the TV watching Netflix… highly recommend New Girl 🙂
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am proud of passing my theory test as it links to the advice I was given. I never gave up.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Snickers ice-cream! Can’t go a week without it.
9. Tell us something different about yourself?
I completed a course in makeup artistry, spray tanning and gel nails.
Overall, I’ve enjoyed the last year working at Ampower and look forward to the years to come.