Take a quick read of what Chris Holdsworth had to say when we asked him a few questions. Get to know Chris a little bit better and why he loves working for Ampower!
1. Can you give us a two sentence bio about yourself?
A highly motivated 74-year-old Engineer who is passionate about reducing global warming, not least to make the planet a better place for my grandchildren. I try to live a well-balanced life between work, family and leisure.
2. What do you do at Ampower on a daily basis?
Principally, pricing and energy procurement. But also working on the wellbeing of the business.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Developing business and seeing it grow successfully. It is very satisfying seeing big businesses wanting to work with us.
4. What advice were you given in your career that has stuck with you?
The best thing I was ever told was by my granddad when I was about nine. He came to watch me play in a football match which we won 3-0 and I scored all the goals. I ran off at the end and said: “Did you see my goals?”. He said,” Yes, but one would have been enough”. It was a great lesson in humility.
5. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t have any work ambitions. I did want to go to Australia and run the marathon in the Olympic games. I have been to Australia and ran several marathons which I have been more than happy with.
6. How do you relax when you’re not at work?
Apart from spending time with my family and running, I like to paint.
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being married to my wife Pat for over 50 years and raising a great family.
8. What is your most treasured possession?
My father flew Lancaster Bombers in the war. He was awarded a DFC (Distinguished Flying Cross) which I have, along with a letter from King George and his hand-written flying log book.
9. Tell us something different about yourself?
I am a descendant of Joseph Jagger, the man who broke the Bank at Monte Carlo. He was my great great grandfather.
Working with Ampower will probably see me through to the end of my working career, I intend to make sure I end on a high note!